As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Sunday, May 7

1. Weather was awesome today, despite the China yellow sand that is. Cruised around Cheonan with Ryan and enjoyed the beautiful sunshine. This is the life.
2. Ryan said I’d save a lot of money by giving into this Emart promotion so, now I’ve got enough shampoo to last me the rest of the year. Anyone want some?!
3. Ate LOTS of ice cream today. Ryan’s discovered an ice cream store better than Baskin Robins…. yes, it’s true folks!!! It’s richer and creamier tasting… it’s Natuur!
4. Drama on the scooter. I don’t know what it is with people cutting Ryan off but he seems to think he’s invisible with chasing the driver down to tell them off.
5. Lectured Ryan about road-rage and levels of stupidity on the road… Korea’s DEFINITELY no exception. He didn’t like my lecture cause well, here in Korea, men always seem to be right…. ya, okay.
6. Am still waiting for the day Ryan either becomes more westernized or I become more Koreanized…. until then, we’ll still have silly spats and sorry speeches.
7. Thought I had found the cure to my itchy eyes… eye drops from Emart. I was so relieved to have them but in my hast I simply tossed the bottle, not knowing the window was open, and out the window the bottle flew. Down it went, seven floors. Oh the horror!
8. Raced downstairs to get the bottle only to make in time to see some random car drive over it!!!
9. Awkward moment… while watching “Cold Mountain” I had to cover Ryan’s innocent eyes from the white pasty cleavage and skin that flashed across the screen in various scenes.
10. Discovered the truth about Nicole Kidman… as the Koreans would say, “She’s like gum on the asphalt!”


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Are you always going to be this stubborn?

QUOTE OF THE DAY…
The men may think they’re the head but there’s always the neck that turns the head.
-- my Mom

No comments: