As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Thursday, May 11

1. Didn’t have Korean language class today but some how ended up with homework anyways!
2. Tooth brushing marathon… or so it seemed. I came to thinking about why we’re all appear to brushing our teeth till they bleed… no one wants to be the first one finished brushing. Maybe it’s a Korean thing.
3. Discussion at lunch among us female teachers was “the ideal guy”. They all had these huge long lists of “must haves”. Mine was simple… he’s got to be funny. I could careless if he had both legs. Apparently they thought this was SO funny.
4. Well this sucks. Almost sprained my ankle trying to kick the biggest kid out of my 1-2 class…. Oscar… go back to your garbag can on Sesame Street. Go play with your gay friends Bert and Ernie after school, not in my class!!! Can you tell I’m frustrated?
5. Our “girl chat” continued at the end of school with what Korean men view as the “ideal girl” (key word here being… Korean). Apparently Korean men like sexy weak women… well, I’m not weak in any sense of the word so I’m not sexy. That’s okay… I rather be beautifully strong and knowing I could take on and take down any chic, my men back home would think that’s hot!
6. What do they know?!… I may not have many Korean men calling me sexy but I’m called “sexy teacher” everyday by my middle school girls!
7. Corrupted my 3-2 class by teaching them the word “gay” and then the rest of the day I had to deal with them totally abusing the word.
8. Turns out Mr. New Guy at the gym actually works there so in addition to Mr. Friendly trying to push Mr. New Guy on me, I now have to see this dude every time I go train. (oh ya, changed Mr. Hottie’s name to Mr. New Guy).
9. More games on the scooter! Tried to kiss Ryan but ended up totally head banging cause I forgot my helmet visor was down. Some how this turned into a game.
10. Sushi for supper! Ryan and I checked out this wicked sushi restaurant.


QUESTION OF THE DAY…
Are you gay?


QUOTE OF THE DAY…
You’re such an ear-muncher!-- Yoonbeer

No comments: