As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Thursday, May 18

1. With less than two weeks to Election Day, candidates are everyone! Find it rather amusing (and pointless too) that here in Korea the candidates stand on street corners with their “waving women” and wave at the traffic. I particularly like that one candidate who stepped out in traffic to shake my hand as we sat at a red light.
2. Murphy’s Law…. studied my Korean last night for about 2 hours, came to school and my Korean Language tutoring was cancelled cause he was too busy.
3. My middle school kids went on a field trip to the mountain and so all us female teachers high-tailed it out of school and went home. Awesome… getting the idea that I’m really getting paid to NOT work.
4. Web-cam chats with my homeboy Iain. Dude, I miss you and admit it, you miss me too. Entertained him with my funny faces, stupid dance moves, and jokes… ha, ha, ha.
5. It was quite obvious that I was being mistaken for a Russian as I stood at the lights and two dudes in a car pulled up in the middle lane gesturing “something”. I throw some “creative” words their way but they didn’t stop so then I through a coin at them.
6. Not only was I out the Korean coin but now I was out of patience and so I walked up to their car as they and others waited at the light. They freaked and bolted through the red light. Bunch of babos!
7. Five minutes after the “downtown drama” incident I got a text messaged from one of my middle school students, Dorothy. I take it she saw the whole thing. Not exactly the lesson I wanted to teach her today.
8. Once again I found myself bored and so I decided to play around with some bleach. Slapped some on my hair and voila… highlights!
9. Met up with Sue and taught her some more boxing. Today’s lesson was dodging jabs. She’s so hyper though and all she wants to do is punch and jump around me.
10. Really got remanising about my boxing after telling Sue all about it. Came home and turned my apartment upside down to make it into a kind of boxing gym with my couch as a heavy bag (turned it on it’s end). Geared up and went at it for about an hour.


QUESTION OF THE DAY…
Are you a lifer?

QUOTE OF THE DAY…
You’ve had a perma smile since you two got together!
-- Iain

No comments: