As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Thursday, May 25

1. Woke up to my first mosquito bite for the year! Ryan claimed that his plug-in buzz zapper would work but how do you explain this one big guy?!
2. Hot topic today in the staff room was the “fresh meat” that was swarming around the school yesterday. No, it’s not imported meat, it’s home grown. Apparently we’ve now got Korean university students who’ll will be assisting me in the English department.
3. Found out more info about these university students. Turns out they’re only here on Wednesdays and so there goes my hopes of passing off my Monday and Tuesday “horror hour” with the low level 2 students.
4. Thought I’d catch a little nap at work cause my contacts were hurting me. Went up to my classroom, closed the blinds and the lights, and sat curled up behind the desk hiding. Turns out they switched around today’s class schedule and so I woke up and there were some 20 kids filing into my classroom. They all had a good laugh when their school-wide search for me ended with their discovery.
5. Tried to change my perspective concerning the 1-2 class. Walked in and yelled out “today you’re going to be my favorite class!” Well, that lasted for about 10 minutes before Oscar fell out of his chair and the whole class went into an uproar and then he did it two more times. This class remains my hardest class.
6. Always a good time with my 2-2 class. It’s always hard to be productive in terms of doing the required text cause this group is just so much fun and all jokes. But today we went over possible test questions for Tuesday’s English speaking exam and while they copied them down I blasted some good English beats over the sound system. They particularly liked Gwen Stefani and Usher.
7. Officially renamed Sue. She no longer goes by the name of “Sue” but instead is now the one and only “Giggle Girl”. We’ve even created somewhat of a super hero costume to match and a little song too.
8. W.W. III dropped down in my apartment a little before midnight.
9. Made the call… phoned into work and left messages saying that I can’t make it tomorrow cause of the Korean/Canadian drama that was playing out in my apartment.

10. Like always, both parties came back together, said sorry and did a grand finale kiss.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Where's this going?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Love hurts.
-- Corey Hart

No comments: