As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Tuesday, May 16

1. Was dying for my morning coffee. Got into work, dropped all my stuff, put a coin in the coffee vending machine and out came nothing but dirty looking water. Dang!
2. Classic trick… bribed the kids with chocolate! Today I played a game with my level two students and had a bag of chocolate as the reward (hmmm… bribe). They went crazy for it and holy, talk about competition! They went straight to the bell and were at each other’s throats.
3. Bribed Ryan’s little look-alike, Toto, with chocolate cause at first he wouldn’t pose for a simple picture. Gave him one piece of chocolate and then he was all in my face and wouldn’t stop posing… silly boy!
4. Allowed my 1-1 class to watch a movie today cause of their midterm marks. Lyndia scored a perfect score on all of her tests except in one class where she scored 97.5!
5. Got numerous of comments about how loud my English classes are… today was definitely one of the loudest classes I’ve had! We played this game to prepare them for their English speaking test coming up. They loved it!
6. Only in Korea would you find a dude cruising down the streets with some cheesy remix of Vanilla Ice’s “Ice, Ice Baby” song. You’re too cool buddy.
7. I miss Mook and his Brittney Spear’s “Greatest Hits” CD… still think the name “Brittney” and the term “greatest” are like an oxymoron. Brittney also being another moron in this statement. Ha, ha, ha!
8. Was apprehensive about training today. I haven’t yet mastered how to say “I want to extend my membership for 3 more months” (in Korea of course) nor was I in the mood to deal with Mr. Funny Guy.
9. Opted out for the gym and instead had a long cat nap… seniors nap that lasted for about 3 hours after work.

10. MSN chats with good ol’ Dave. If there were two people I’d vote back into Korea it’d definitely have to be Dave and Errol. Dave was my lifeline at work and Errol, well, he was super funny and I loved his mellow mood.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Are you coming back?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Look at you, you're doing better!
-- Yoonbeer (said it to me after my computer touch pad caused me to erase a 20min email!!!)

No comments: