As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Tuesday, May 23

1. NOT IN A GOOD MOOD TODAY…. BEWARE! Just woke up in one of those moods.
2. My bad mood definitely wasn’t helped by the realization that I teach way more classes than the other teachers. They probably think I’m the anti-social there cause while they sip tea I’m busy planning. Sure, I get paid extra for the extra classes but their paycheck still kicks my paycheck’s butt!
3. Word has it that “fresh meat” is coming soon and no it’s not imported… by that I am referring to the fact that from what I understand from the Korean teachers’ chat today, some Korean university students are coming soon to help teach English. This could be interesting!
4. Catapulted a student’s open pencil case and books down the hall after I told him to behave like a million and one times! It was then that the whole class realized that I was serious… shouldn’t have to get to this though.
5. Phoned my mother in Canada to wish her a happy birthday. Chatted for awhile during what I THOUGHT was lunch time. Turns out it was the class before lunch and so all my students were waiting for me. I was 15mins late for a 40min class….. ahhhhhhhhh!
6. Got one of my prized students, Lyndia, on a journal writing routine outside of class, awesome. She’s so cute. She’s starts off each entry with “Dear Sweet”… apparently Sweet is now her imaginary friend she writes to. Hey, whatever works!
7. Me mistaking class time for lunch time soon became the staff joke of the day. I’m glad I amused them all cause I wasn’t as amused. I felt so silly.
8. Well, well, well…. looks like the table have turned and aren’t I quite the idiot. Mr. New Guy at the gym (Kang) is awesome and super funny!
9. After my hour long Konglish conversation with Kang, I vote him one of my top favorite Koreans! He’s a younging but he’s a goodie! We tried to decide on an English name and he insisted on “River”. This coming from a guy who made fun of my English name cause it’s close to grandmother in Korean…. ya, okay.
10. Ended up staying at the gym way too long. I even watched much of the soccer game there.


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Who is a better role model for children: Barbie or G. I. Joe?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
And now you know, and knowing is half the battle!
-- G.I. Joe

No comments: