As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Tuesday, May 30

1. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO RYAN AND ME!!! Today marks our 200th day together as a couple… yes, they count the days here in Korea, how cute! (And to think… this past Sunday was suppose to be my wedding day… yikes!)
2. Wore my couple shirt (Park Ji Sung soccer jersey) to pump up my students for their big test today and apparently it was the craze for the day. They loved it totally! Korea fighting!!! Ha, ha, ha.
3. Today was the last day for my lower level two students to seek help in my extra morning class and yet I was more nervous than they were.
4. Rather frustrated with my co-worker who I had asked to help monitor the students while I did hosted the English speaking test outside the classroom. Her help consisted of speaking ONLY Korean and showing a movie with Korean subtitles. Some peeople just amaze me!!!
5. Finished off the rest of the English speaking tests with my middle school classes. They were all amused with my “Finish card” and “Mo-lie-oh card”.
6. As Ryan (class 2-2 student) finished his speaking test, he stood up and gave me some candy… is this a bribe?! Ha, ha, ha.
7. My short walk around downtown turned into quite the event due to the Park Ji Sung jersey I was wearing. I felt like a celebrity with all those Koreans commenting on my shirt. It was so funny having a crew of construction workers yell down at me “Korea fighting”… good stuff guys!
8. My evening started off on somewhat of a sour note as I sat back and thought back on the “issues” at work. I really haven’t learned how to keep work at work and let things slide.
9. Like always, Ryan worked his magic and showed the “double p” (patience and persistence… ha, ha, ha) and turned my frown upside down.

10. Went out for an anniversary dinner with my boyfriend, the hottest and sweetest man around (besides my father). Thought it funny that our meal was interrupted by some election candidate who was totally confused that I spoke Korean to her. She even went so far to ask if I was Korean and so I thought that was so cool.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Are you Korean?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Congratulations, congratulations, congratulations... to you.
-- my Eumbong Middle School class 2-2 song to me.

No comments: