As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Tuesday, May 9

1. Got approached by the teacher who teaches Korean (culture, history and language). Apparently he has decided to start teaching me Korean!
2. Had my first Korean language class with Mr. Korean. He doesn’t speak a word of English but I bedazzled him with what Korean language skills I’ve already picked up. Korean alphabet…. no problem!
3. First day of Korean language class and I’ve already got four pages of homework!
4. Presents from students’ parents for the upcoming Teacher’s Day started rolling in today.
5. I’m convinced some student hid the “beating stick”. I don’t agree to it but did resort to twisting a few ears today. Apparently that works like a charm too.
6. First time making a middle school student cry. I kicked out Terry from my 1-1 class cause I heard some kid swear at Lyndia (she was trying to get them to be quiet). He’s known for “expressing” his opinions and so I kicked him out and threatened to give him a red sticker… ya, they’re on this sticker thing. Red stickers are really bad. Well, long story short… he wasn’t the one who swore and so he broke down after class. I felt so bad too.
7. Saw my first car crash. While waiting for the light to turn this young dude stopped suddenly and the front end of his car went under a bus. I must admit it was so funny… his car was stuck under this packed bus!!!
8. Lasted to about 6pm until I finally broke down and scrubbed my eyes with my fists…. ahhhh the itchiness!
9. So, the only dude that talks to me is now becoming somewhat of an annoyance to me. He asked me if I was going to marry my boyfriend but I had no comment and so he told me a needed a better boyfriend. His selection… the new guy at the gym. Don’t get me wrong, the new guy is hot but my guy is incrediably hot!
10. Spent the rest of my training totally trying to avoid eye contact with Mr. Friendly who kept on waving me over to talk to Mr. Hottie.


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
How long do you think it'll take before I'm fluent in Korean?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Oh my gosheeeeeee
-- Shine (Eumbong Middle Student)

No comments: