As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Wednesday, May 3

1. Every time the P.E. teacher drives me to work we listen to the radio and on the radio at 7:45am they do a mini English. Everyday it’s the same thing, a saying of the day with two Koreans practicing and translating the quote and Mr. P.E. Man repeats everything they say. Today’s saying was, “Let’s go cruise for some chicks.” No offense but Mr. P.E. Man is a little too old and not so hip…. not to mention married. It was rather amusing though.
2. I’m convinced if I scratch my eyes any harder there’s going to be nothing left of my eyeballs. I hate this yellow dust!!! Someone definitely deserves a beating for all this!
3. Did this blindfolded activity with my grade 5 class in attempt to teach directions. All but one student got the lesson and unfortunetly it almost cost me a boob! I’m serious. She turned around too fast, in the wrong direction, and with her arms sticking out…. bang, right into my chest. I tried to laugh it off but dang it hurt!
4. After the bell rang for lunch and I was done teaching the elementary classes, Wollang Principle got one of the teacher’s to drive me HOME… ya, home! Sweet surprise start to my mini holiday! And here I thought I was going to have to kill 4 hours at the middle school.
5. Bailed on going to the gym tonight and decided to take the week off. With all this relaxing I’m just too busy. Ha, ha, ha.
6. Chilled out a home, took a senior’s nap and then kissed the rest of the afternoon away. It was great doing nothing!
7. Ryan surprised me with a mid-week movie night and so I ordered in pizza.
8. Pizza dude showed up and was so intriguied that I spoke Korean. He stood in my doorway with a kind of dazed and confused look on his face.
9. We watched “The Chronicles of Narnia”. It was an okay movie, if you’re into that kind of fantasy type but I must say our commentary was definitely more entertaining and more creative.
10. Shows how interested we were in the story… we dubbed the character’s lines with our own and even twisted the plot. In our story the witch was a disturbed woman in search of a lover. Ha, ha, ha.

QUESTION OF THE DAY…
Is there a difference between a man’s purse and a woman’s purse?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
I can usually judge a fellow by what he laughs at.
-- Wilson Mizner

No comments: