As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Wednesday,May 17

1. Today was Sports Day at my middle school. Not only did I wear all black but I also forgot to take my allergy pill… yikes! Hopefully after teaching at the other school I’ll have prep time as oppose to Sports Day.
2. Taught my grade 6 class (Wollang) shopping expressions and then did a mock shopping spree. Alexander definitely entertained us all with his total misuse of the phrase “that’s cheap” and “that’s too expensive”. He had switched them and so there he stood yelling at Christina…. Christina, you totally abused his ignorance! Too funny!
3. Had a simply fabulously amazing, out of this world day with my Wolang Elementary grade 5 class. I invented this silly picture/sentence game and as I announced chocolate for the winner team, they were TOTALLY hooked!!!
4. My English class for the teacher’s was canceled today cause of Sport’s day and so I had even MORE time to kill.
5. Thought it was great that I wasn’t needed to help out with Sports Day until I realized it now meant I had to kill 3 hours.
6. While walking around downtown I got called beautiful by a bunch of boys who are probably all still sporting baby teeth… I don’t care; I’ll take it. Thanks guys.
7. Double painful experience… not only did I have to fork over money to renew my membership but the head trainer was all friendly with me today and was being very distractive.
8. Pushed it way too hard at the gym and found myself feeling way too faint. Had to stop and rest on my way home cause I almost past-out!
9. I am now the proud girlfriend of TGIF’s newest Cajuan member… and ya, I have no idea what that means but it apparently it gets us discounts at the TGIF restaurant. Okay, cool?!
10. COUPLE SHIRTS!!! It’s official, I have turned MORE Korean! Ryan bought us couple shirts online for our upcoming anniversary and so we tired them on today for size. And forget about those other cheesy Donald duck shirts others have… our couple shirts are red Manchester United soccer jerseys made by Nike…. #7 Park J-Sung!


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Why do you talk English in Canada?
(asked by a grade 1 student at Wollang)

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Shared joy is a double joy; shared sorrow is half sorrow.
-- Swedish proverb

No comments: