As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Wednesday,May 24

1. Just when I thought I was having a rough enough week with, what feels like, everyone coming against me, Mr. P.E. teacher leaves me stranded in the morning. I waited about 30 minutes before I accepted the fact that he wasn’t coming.
2. Ryan to the rescue… thanks for the ride to work. I guess my co-workers saw us coming up the long school driveway and so it was rather funny how six of them ran outside to welcome us…. they’re all curious as to who this Ryan guy is.
3. Did this really cool mock shopping game again with my grade 6 class but this time I made it a shopping spree and the winner got some Canadian coins. They went crazy for it!!!
4. It’s official… I renamed my elementary classes and so it’s no longer “English with Ms. B”, instead it’s “Konglish with Ms. B”… and they all think it’s the funniest thing too! I figure I should really call it like it is. Afterall, my elementary classes consist of me speaking English about 65% of the time and Korean for the remaining 35%.
5. At lunch time I sat down like usual and started eating. One of my favored students, Christina, wanted to sit beside me and so she started to walk towards me when she was suddenly hip-checked by my little buddy from last week, Babo Boy. Now, I don’t think he’s babo (dumb) but nicknamed him that cause he thought it funny to point out all the students who he claims are dumb.
6. Just when I was leaving lunch Babo boy stopped me. He reached inside his pocket and pulled out a soggy piece of gum. I smiled, put it in my pocket and then later had a heck of a time trying to scrap it out.
7. Oh the horror…. as the Wollang Elementary school bus and me pulled up to the main apartment complex, it stopped right in front of some man chopping up the world’s largest pig. Nasty!
8. Can’t really complain cause I’m getting regardless if anyone shows up but today’s English class for teachers consisted of just Mr. P.E. Teacher.
9. A big thanks to all those “people” who reminded me what this Sunday is… or should I say, would have been but isn’t! You’re either too ignorant to see I’m happier now or too stupid to realize it!

10. Ryan ordered Chinese sweet and sour pork and at the sight of it I thought my arteries were going to instantly clog up!

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Can you dig it?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
I believe in an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out.
-- Author Unknown

No comments: