As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, June 16, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Friday, June 16

1. Woke up at 4:30am and got ready to take Jenn to the airport. Mikey surprised Jenn by showing up at the bus station and that was super sweet.
2. Well it’s obvious Mr. P.E. teacher understands less than I gave him credit for cause he called me at 7:30am wondering where I was.
3. Jenn entertained Mickey and us with her overloaded suitcases. The baggage check lady told her to lighten them up a bit and so what did Jenn do… take out a book! What?!… it wasn’t even a hard copy book. Try again Jenn.
4. “Hey Mickey, look it’s a bear!” Turns out it was a super huge dog in a cage on some airport trolley. Turns out he didn’t like me either and so he got all angry in his cage. Jokes on him. He got so excited he caused his cage to flip off the trolley… it was SOOOOOOOOOO funny!
5. The three of us girls were so busy giggling that we didn’t have a chance to really realize that we had said good-bye. Mickey and I stood there watching Jenn’s big feet walk away from us on the other side of the glass wall.
6. Ventured into the infamous Lim’s clothing store in Songtan that Jenn always comments about. Score on the tank tops!
7. Drove back with Micky in the super cold, uncomfortable bus. I knew I was in trouble when 30 minutes into the 2 hour drive I had to pee.
8. I was home by 2pm and asleep by 2:05pm on the couch.
9. Didn’t wake up till 9:40pm when Ryan showed up asking what’s for supper.
10. Went back to bed a little bit after midnight after I studied Korean for about an hour.


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Can you turn around again?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
"It's a bear!"
-- Me

No comments: