As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, June 02, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Friday, June 2

1. Attitude Boy (Bryan) in my grade 5 elementary class was surprisingly good today so as a joke I shook him and yelled out “Oh no, it’s an alien disguised as Bryan!” He was clueless to what I was saying but I was rather amused.
2. Ryan went out to Seoul today for army training and so his day consisted of sleeping through random military procedure videos.
3. Again with the silly marking for my English speaking class. Yesterday I handed out four classes worth of marks only to be told today that I can’t give lower than a 12. Where’s the logic…. there’s NO logic. I asked about the reasoning and my co-teacher’s answer was “…just because.”
4. Ventured out to Songtan with Jenn to go meet up with some friends. It’s a Friday night, Ryan’s away from Cheonan, and there was no way I was staying in.
5. Darnell was late, as usual, and so I met up with Jenn for ackward moments with a bunch of strangers and super hyper girls. I didn’t know anyone and so I was rather shy, go figure eh?! Jenn broke the silence with pretending to lean in for a kiss from me. So funny.
6. I don’t mind meeting new people but I hate being the only stranger there in the crowd. Trin searched me out and came to my rescue.
7. Funniest thing tonight was when I mentioned I was staying at a hotel with Jenn. Trin told me to go to the other hotel; it has a Jacuzzi. I joked and said “ah, we could have jacuzzied together” and with that he dropped the drink he had just made for a customer. Too funny. So much for Mr. Smooth-Move Trin!
8. Got impatient waiting for my buddies to show up and so I rushed to the bathroom. The girls bathroom was packed so I used the guys and how embarrassing… just as I was stepping out of the guys’ bathroom there stood all my buddies looking at me.
9. Always a good time with my elite group of Air Force dudes… even if they are American… ha, ha, ha. Hey, I’ll admit it. There are some Americans I do like. Tonight Darnell taught me the “bunny hop dance” and so that was rather amusing to watch me I’m sure.

10. Crashed in some hotel that was suspiciously located in some ghetto back alley. Thankfully I had my homegirl Jenn as my bodyguard.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Will you remember this tomorrow?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
How can I control my life if I can't control my hair?!
-- Fido Dido

No comments: