As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, June 30, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Friday, June 30

1. Have you ever woke up and just had this gut feeling that today was going to be rotten?! Well, today was that day for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. Woke up at the exact time I was suppose to be getting into Mr. P.E.’s car. Talk about a heart attack and a half.
3. Blazed it to school in a taxi only to realize I had forgotten my handmade Korean dictionary in the taxi! I was SO bummed out; it totally killed the rest of my day!
4. Thankfully it didn’t rain today and so I was able to play my “Food Chain” game with my grade 6 Eumbong elementary kids. I’m sure the school was really impressed with 30 some kids yelling “I am hungry… I am going to eat you!”
5. Amused my grade 5 class with my human body label activity. Poor Alexander got attacked with about 23 labels that we taped on him. They all loved it!
6. Alexander in my grade 5 class today was AWESOME! He’s a pudgy little kid and so my team choco-pie challenge really work on him. His team almost won the box of choco-pies but Albert killed it when I caught him swearing. I felt so bad too cause Alexander left my class in tears.
7. Usually Friday’s lunch means nasty leftovers but today’s lunch was awesome. This is a first!
8. Arrived back at Eumbong Middle School with 3 ½ hours to kill and no motivation to do anything but to try to track down that taxi.
9. Ryan cheered me up with ice cream and by taking me to Emart to get a new book for me to start all over again.
10. Watched the soccer game… well listened to it while I tried to study Korean.


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Who's going to win it all?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!
-- my Uncle David

No comments: