As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Monday, June 12

1. Rushed my Polish butt to school so that I could give my students plenty of time for their English speaking retest but only TWO showed up!!!
2. Really can’t stand it when certain students play dumb and complain to my co-teacher that they were unaware of the retest. First of all, I have been reminding them for a week and secondly, I wrote out a FULL explanation on the board in KOREAN!!!
3. Everyday I eat lunch with my students Lyndia and Vanessa as a means of helping them further their English and to help them with the upcoming school-wide English contest. Today’s topic of discussion was from Vanessa who wanted to talk about dieting. She’s too young to know that word let alone care about that kind of stuff.
4. Interesting argument with Ryan over some celebrity’s “cup size”. Now listen Ryan, if I was a dress size 0 with a size B chest I’d look busty too! ”AA” isn’t exactly a battery we’re talking about… it’s the average size of Korean women! … Yet another way I am proudly representing the Canadian women!
5. Point proven once again with a visit to Emart where they sell ONLY size A and B. Now, unless they’re trying to sell me these as knee pads, I really have no use for them… well, maybe when I was TWELVE!!!
6. Ate some “dip and dots” tonight and am still clueless as to why anyone would choose these over ice cream. It feels like rolled up, super cold, mini balls of ice cream that are sporting mad freezer burn! I only really liked them the first two times I ate them.
7. Got Ryan to call the restaurant owner so to make sure he shows the soccer game tomorrow. Turns out we’re not the only ones who’ve harassed this poor dude. Ha, ha, ha.
8. Hooray to new friends who aren’t going to leave in a year!!! Having to say goodbye to Jenn is going to royally suck and so I was refreshed today with meeting a new friend who’s not Korean but who’s home is Korea.
9. Was too tired to watch the Japan play Australia soccer tonight but no worries, I TOTALLY heard all the plays with Ryan’s cheering and booing!!!
10. Congrats to Tasha and her country for kicking Japan’s butt! Sorry Narae… you’re goalie was awesome but your team got killed!


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Will Korea win tomorrow night?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Personality can open doors; only character can keep them open.
-- Author Unknown

No comments: