As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, June 26, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Monday, June 26

1. Day off!!! My middle school kids are camping today. I automatically woke up at 6:30am only to realize I didn’t have to go to work…. awesome!
2. Finally dragged my butt out of bed (or should I say, off my sleeping mat) and made it down to my office room where I sat chatting on msn and webcam for about 2 hours.
3. Realized just how lazy I could be when I refused to cook today and instead resorted to eating melted ice cream. Apparently Ryan had forgotten to close the freezer door and well, apparently I’m just one lazy girl today!
4. Met up with River for training and he had a good laugh at my stupidity when I couldn’t figure out the old-school treadmill. Every time I put my hand on it, it would stop. Turns out it said in English “press here for emergency stop”. Ah… I’m babo!
5. Treated myself to a movie day. Watched “Failure to Launch”… it was such a cute movie.
6. I’m sure I annoyed my neighbor’s with my non-stop “Survival Korean chapter 3” that I blasted throughout the house on auto-repeat for oh, a good hour.
7. Did basically nothing today so instead of boring you with some useless comments on stuff like what colour I painted my toes, let’s skip down to highlight number 10 shall we….
8. ...we’re skipping…
9. ... one more jump…

10. What’s up with tonight’s soccer game? Korea was cheering for Australia… their coach is our former coach. Sorry Tasha… dang Italians scored literally in the last few seconds.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Who honestly does that?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
The laziest man I ever met put popcorn in his pancakes so they would turn over by themselves.
-- W.C. Fields

No comments: