As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Monday, June 5

1. Stopped all attempts at chatting in English with Mr. P.E. teacher during our drive to school after I’ve come to the realization that he’s like a parrot. I really want to help him but he basically resorts to repeating all I say so today I pulled out practically every Korean word I knew.
2. You know you’re bored when you catch yourself reading the dictionary and you actually notice a spelling mistake! Preoccupied my boredom at school with flipping through the English-Korean dictionary …. there went 2 hours!!!
3. Strangely enough, I’ve really been feeling the pressure to expand my Korean vocabulary. Six and a half months left till the big “Crunch Day” when I’ve got to prove myself. After all, I did promise Ryan I’d meet his mother at Christmas and that I’d speak to her in Korean. She doesn’t speak a word in English and so I have no option but learn Korean!!!
4. While showing the marks to various students in my 1-1 class, Terry decided to sneak up and try to get a glimpse of the marks. I reacted by pointing the paper down and so he crutched down but I jumped back cause I was wearing a skirt. As a joke I yelled out “pyoung tae” (pervert) and he got so embarrassed and loud. The whole class was in an uproar so I had a hard time reassuring him I was joking. He even went so far as to bow on hand and knees for me to forgive him…. oh my gosh!
5. Rumors were flying around school today about Ryan (2-2 student) and something regarding me. I wasn’t too sure on what they were talking about until I checked out his leg cast and noticed he had drawn a heart around my name.
6. Came home and instead of hitting the gym, I decided to clean my house from top to bottom because Ryan says Kwang Ho and Shin Wo may be staying over the night. So…. I did dishes, dusting, laundry, vacuuming, mirrors, windows, washed the floors, and I even scrubbed the walls and toilet in my bathroom!
7. Speak another good hour and a half reading the dictionary… oh no! I’m turning into a geek! Ha, ha, ha!
8. My attempts at cooking the “mystery meat” Ryan bought at Emart was a success. Mind you, I still don’t know what it was that we ate but it tasted good.
9. Ryan came over to a decent home-cooked meal and super clean house only to tell me that his friends are NOT coming over…. oh my gosh! That’s like 2 ½ hours of my life I’ll never get back!
10. Crashed at 11pm.


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
How do you say "how do you say that in Korean" in Korean?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Impossible is nothing.
-- Mohamad Ali

No comments: