As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Saturday, June 10

1. It’s official… my hair has been raped! I did it. Woke up and my hair felt like tissue; so fragile. Babied my hair all day, starting with a long deep conditioning treatment.
2. Already trying to think of an appropriate excuse to tell my students as to why I dyed my hair. The other day I told them that I hated being called Russian and they didn’t understand what was wrong with that. I told them that Russian girls do bad things here in Korea but I think they now think Russian girls steal or something.
3. Ventured over to the restaurant that I went to yesterday with Mrs. Jung…. Pumpkin Village.
4. Go overly eager about going hardcore about learning Korean and so I found myself at the bookstore eyeing more study books. Unfortunately, while reading random pages, I read out loud a bad word. Ryan gave me a stern warning not to repeat it but now I can’t get it out of my head!!!
5. Took a cat nap and woke up with a huge headache. Canceled my plans to go to Songtan.
6. Well deciding to stay home was a total bust. Not only did I miss out on a lot of fun but I had to listen to soccer ALL night!
7. Ryan had warned me that he was a soccer freak but I didn’t know that meant soccer-holic! He stayed up till 6am so that he could watch all three world cup games tonight.
8. Joked around with my new bad Korean word and ya, Ryan REALLY didn’t see the humor in that one! Oops!
9. Late night text messages from Sung Hoon were also not considered so funny by Ryan. Relax Ryan… you’re the winner. You’ve got the girl!

10. Went to sleep all ticked off that I stayed home only to have to listen to roaring fans scream on TV and watch Ryan as his eyes were glued to the TV set.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Is it over yet?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
You're not a soccer freak, you're a total freak!
-- Me

No comments: