As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Saturday, June 3

1. Thought I’d be an awesome girlfriend and, despite being so tired, jumped on the subway and then KTX to visit Ryan in Seoul. Showed up super early, super tired, and feeling super gross cause I hadn’t showered.
2. Jumped back on the “I love Korea bandwagon” after I was cuddled to death by some random Korean girl on the subway, was given a free Korean language lesson by another subway rider, shown around in the train station by some man, and shared some goodies with a cutie while waiting for the KTX.
3. Called and called, and after 2 hours Ryan finally woke up to answer my messages but now my phone was almost dead. By the time I figured out where to get another battery it was too late. He wasn’t answering anymore cause he had gone to the bath house!
4. Waiting some more at the Seoul KTX station and was approached by two Korean girls who I thought wanted to practice their English on me. Turns out they’re Jehovah Witnesses and I couldn’t get rid of them. I had to stomach them for almost an hour!
5. Finally got a hold of Ryan with 5 minutes till my train home was leaving. I wasn’t impressed and too tired to deal with more drama so I left. He ended up racing over to the Seoul station but I was gone… I of course got blamed for that too.
6. Came to the realization that Koreans never really take the responsibility or blame for anything (especially the men) and with that I jumped off the “I love Korea bandwagon” for the day!!!
7. The whole silly excursion took about 8 hours of my day and so after the rotten day I had, I had decided that there was NO way I was going to let it wreck my evening.
8. Got all dolled up and ventured out to Songtan to see Jenn and my buddies. A good dose of Jenn, Darnell, Darius and their boys always seems to do the trick! Thanks for the good times.
9. Fight broke out at the club, well, almost. Turns out some dude had punked Darnell and said something about me so Darnell freaked out. I was so shocked to see Mr. Happy-Go-Lucky Darnell turn into this testosterone high guy!
10. Grabbed a totally craved for tuna sandwich and headed back to the super cheap ghetto hotel for some good old girl talk with Jenn.


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Have you ever stopped to listen to what you're saying?

QUOTE OF THE DAY…
The male chromosome is an incomplete female chromosome. In other words the male is a walking abortion; aborted at the gene stage. To be male is to be deficient, emotionally limited; maleness is a deficiency disease and males are emotional cripples.
-- Valerie Solanos

No comments: