As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Sunday, June 11

1. Proved to be quite the entertainer when my cheaper than cheap Thailand shoes snapped in half and I went flying into the intersection and into on-coming traffic. Ya, I was downtown and EVERYONE saw me! Oh my gosh!
2. Ryan’s phone proved to be cheaper than my cheap Thai shoes. I called and called and called, hoping he’d come and help me walk. I had fallen and twisted my ankle.
3. Some random Korean guy came to my rescue. He helped me walk to the shoe seller to buy new shoes and then he helped me walk home.
4. Ran into Je Min on the way home and now I’m sure he thinks I’m cheating on Ryan. I walked home with the aid of this stranger who pretty much was carrying me. As we turned the corner there stood Je Min,… the look on his face was priceless. He giggled and I’m sure he thinks this was a big “secret” or something.
5. Ryan tried to help me by putting a Nike wrist band on my ankle. It worked great until I tried to get it off and ended up struggling.
6. What seemed like a simple underwear shopping trip ended up being more difficult than it should have been. It turned into a city-wide search! Ended up traveling to Emart and even Ssangyong-Dong. After River’s warning about the boy students and their mirrors (you can pretty much figure that one out), I’m not about to be the discussion at the lunch table. Time to gear up! Ha, ha, ha.
7. Pretty impressed at Korea’s image of themselves but I got news for you Korea… I highly doubt selling on sizes 90 and 95 in underwear targets all your Korean customers!!!
8. Found out that what I ate yesterday, what I thought was mushrooms, was actually sliced snails! Yuck! I think Ryan gets kicks out of telling me these things.
9. Ryan asked me about deodorant today and I thought it hilarious. Surprisingly enough I have men’s deodorant in my make-up cabinet and so I gave it to him. I had to educate him about it… he doesn’t even know how to say it properly. Too funny! Like MOST Koreans, he’s NEVER worn it before. Must be nice to walk around always smelling like flowers… ha, ha, ha.
10. Got word late last night that Ryan’s uncle died and so that kind of put a damper on the evening. He says he wasn’t close with him, but still, it’s sad.

QUESTION OF THE DAY…
I see size small, smaller and smallest, but what happened to the size for us normal girls?

QUOTE OF THE DAY…
If I had 40,000 won panties, I’d walk around in only them!

-- Ryan

No comments: