As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Sunday, June 18

1. Happy Father’s Day Dad! You’ve proven yourself worthy of this day… over and over again!
2. Turns out Ryan’s weird mosquito plug-in zapper isn’t so weird after all. Woke up and had to vacuum up a whole army of dead mosquitoes… nasty but effective. Die mosquitoes!
3. I don’t know who she is or what she does but I always run into her and she always either yells at me or hits me…. she is the “Friendly Neighbor”. She’s super funny and is trying to befriend me but always catches me off guard. Today as I was scrambling in my bag for my cell as I was exiting the apartment elevator, I ran into her. She instantly hit me across the shoulder to get me to look up and then she laughed so loud.
4. Broke down and ripped off my fancy nails. I really liked them but they really limited what I could do. Mind you, now I can’t reach that ultra hard spot in my ear…. dang!
5. I think Ryan’s over-dosing on his “manly medicine”… aka garlic pellets. Koreans have idea that eating excess garlic makes men more manly. Not too sure what that really means but I can say that it’s really lowering Ryan’s stats in regards to daily kisses. Ha, ha, ha!
6. Finally checked out the newer Lotte Mart and it’s huge! It even has a hair salon in it. I had a good laugh at the surprised looks I got from the make-up lady who didn’t know what to think of my white skin, dark hair and Korean talk.
7. Despite my love for Korea and the fact I’m suppose to support Korea by hating Japanese… congrats to Narae for your country’s tie (Japan) in soccer today! Hey…. after being called Russian one too many times I think it’s only expected I cheer for the other team once in awhile!
8. Got word that Darnell’s month leave from the Air Force is coming to an end and so he returns to Korea this upcoming Friday. Cool!
9. ONLY one hundred and eighty-nine days till CRUNCH DAY and silly me slacked off today with my studies.

10. Plan was to go to bed extra early so that I could wake up early Monday morning and watch the soccer game. Ended up going to bed around 1am.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Did you know that Paris Hilton has a song out?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
That's hot!
-- Paris Hilton

No comments: