As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Sunday, June 4

1. While waiting for Darnell (who didn’t show up!) I found great entertainment in watching the local Air Force drunks at the 7-11 store who apparently were already done their drinking for the day. It was only 11:30am… that’s brutal dudes!!!
2. Walked randomly through the streets of Songtan and got lost. Found this totally Korean clothing store where I scored large on my purchases cause I impressed the girl with my Korean. Cool!
3. Some man was selling puppies in Songtan and so I thought I’d check them out. All was cool until Jenn informed me that he hits them and so that’s why they were nervous of my hand. One fell off the table and it made these awful noises… that was my exit cue!!!!!!
4. On the subway ride home with Jenn we had to endure the annoying presence of some Korean cougar who insisted on rubbing her butt up against some older man. I tried to help her out by telling her, in Korean, that her money was falling out of her 3 sizes too small jean pocket, but she was so cocky and kind of punked me off on my Korean. Whatever girl.
5. Waiting impatiently for Ryan to come home so we could stop this silly ordeal.
6. Have you ever seen the movie “Analyze this”?… Well, I definitely empathized with Robert DiNero’s character after the ordeal I went through yesterday and today. Watch the movie and then you’ll understand what I went through!!!
7. Of course to every romantic drama, there’s ALWAYS the big “I’m sorry” scene. With a face like his I really can’t but smile when I see him and so I tried hard to look away and pout. It didn’t really work. Ha, ha, ha.
8. Thought it’d be okay to race around on the back of Ryan’s scooter in a mid-length skirt until I realized it was definitely harder getting off then it was getting on… especially when there was a flock of dudes watching!
9. Ryan spontaneously got up and tried to impress me with his hidden talent of walking on his hands. I have no idea what that was all about!!!

10. Thought I’d join Ryan and watch the soccer game. Had no idea that it’d mean watching the 2 hour pre-game show and that it’d end late after midnight. We looked pretty cute though, sitting in front of the TV in our soccer jersey couple shirts, yelling at the players and eating cheesecake.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Are you done yet?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
And you say I'm a freak!
-- Me

No comments: