As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Thursday, June 1

1. Had Korean language tutoring today and got six pages of homework from my teacher! Oh my gosh. That's going to take me soooooo long to do!
2. Handed back some of the marks to my English speaking test. I really made a big production of it cause I was so proud of those students who got perfect or close to perfect and those students who really picked up the slack and got their act together for the test.
3. It was cool seeing the student’s reactions to the marks. I was especially entertained with Logan’s reaction. He was so surprised to get such an amazing mark that he just sat there starring at the paper in disbelief. I should note here that his English once was bad but he begged his teachers to let him leave class and attend my extra English class for the lower level students.

4. Well I did it and it definitely hurt me more than it hurt him… I hit a student with the stick my school provided me with. I didn’t hit him hard but it kind of freaked me out and I was even more freaked out cause it was Ryan I hit. He’s one of my favourite students.
5. Was rather relieved to receive at text message from my student Ryan. He apologized for what happened today and so I texted him back saying I was sorry too. This kid is such an awesome person. His English kind of sucks but he’s so funny and he totally adores me.
6. Not impressed with my trip to the eye doctor. I got my eyes re-examined and he made all these silly reasons as to why it’s my fault the lenses he sold me are no good. Sat there breathing heavy as I attempting to stop myself from vomiting. The eye doctor kept on messing around with the equipment and my vision.
7. Am always amazed at the silly things that come out of people’s mouths. I especially was really “impressed” with the eye doctor’s questions as to which letters I could see more clearer, the left or right ones, when it was quite clear I couldn’t see anything! Got rather sarcastic with him and so I asked Ryan to pick, left or right. I think he got the hint.
8. After the really uncomfortable eye appointment, I now have to wait a week till I can get comfortable contacts. Mind you, am already considering getting laser eye surgery when I visit my parents in Canada in January.
9. Tried to take my mountain walking stick back for a refund at Emart. I hadn’t used it because I forgot it in Mr. P.E. teacher’s car but the Emart lady freaked on me because I think HE used it!!!

10. Watched Ryan work his charm and so I got my money back. Thanks!

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Are we done yet?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
The Japanese have perfected good manners and made them indistinguishable from rudeness.
-- Paul Theroux

No comments: