As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Thursday, June 22

1. This heat is brutal! I question why I even shower in the morning cause by noon I feel like I need another shower. Nothing’s nastier than sticking to everything I come in contact with.
2. Lots of drama with the middle school boys today. First situation of the day was with Adam. Apparently he got mad at his friend and said that he didn’t want to be friends anymore so the other boy stabbed in the finger with an exacto-knife! Wow! Blood was everywhere.
3. Had to leave the staff room cause the yelling got too much for me. The math teacher freaked out on both boys and I think the whole school heard the lashings they got!
4. Second big drama of the day involved a third level student with a first level student. While standing in my classroom, looking out at the students, I was totally shocked to see Joe punch Jack in the face… three times too!
5. Searched the school looking for Joe and Jack cause they had fled the scene. Some teachers saw me with them and so I told them to over react when I hit them. I knew that if I didn’t pretend to seriously beat them that someone else would do the real job.
6. Still amused at how my students resort to kye-bye-bow (rock-scissors-paper) to come to opposing decisions. Ryan (2-2 student) wanted to play soccer instead of coming to epals class and well I lost at kye-bye-bow. Apparently there’s some golden rule that you can’t argue at kye-bye-bow.
7. My co-teacher is still curious as to whether I want to work or have most of next week off. I just looked at her and shook my head. Amazing.
8. Cranked up the air conditioner in my classroom and so when I wasn’t freezing in the classroom I was sweating in the teacher’s room. I feel like an older woman having heat flashes.
9. Ran into the “Friendly Neighbor” again when I came home and again she hit me. She gets great kicks out of wacking me with her purse.
10. Hung out with my little sister. Her mom had made me a beaded ring and Sue had drawn a picture of me. Turns out Sue thinks I’d look better with blue hair and no nose. So funny!

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Do you have any other advice?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
There is a great streak of violence in every human being. If it is not channeled and understood, it will break out in war or in madness.
-- Sam Peckinpah

No comments: