As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Thursday, June 29

1. I love it. It’s my first full day of work this week and it’s already Thursday. Tomorrow I only work half a day too cause I teach only elementary (morning classes)… I love my job!
2. The hot topic among my middle school girls was the young hotties at the camp. Apparently they were freshly graduated university students and some of my girls tried to “sell me off” to one of them.
3. Holy heat wave! I tried to hide away in my classroom where it was nice and cool but after classes I was forced to sweat it out in the staff room with the rest of the victims, I mean, teachers.
4. It was so hot that my butt was sweating… seriously! And apparently I wasn’t the only one too. It was rather funny but embarrassing. As we stood up to go to lunch, I noticed I wasn’t the only one sporting a wet tushie. Ha, ha, ha.
5. Applications got handed out today for the summer English camp that I’m helping lead . We weren’t expecting any applications to be filled out till next week and so I was definitely happy and proud to hear that my boy Ryan (2-2 student… my favorite) was the FIRST to hand his in! No sooner did we give it to him that he completed it and gave it back… awesome!
6. Found out later that Ryan won’t be accepted into the English camp cause he didn’t do so well on his English listening test. I warned Mrs. Jung that I will NOT be the one to tell him cause I don’t think that’s cool at all. He shows more ambition towards learning English than many of those who scored higher.
7. I admit it, I let my ePALS group slack off today. They’ve been working hard and so today my groupies and I sat around and chatted in my nice air conditioned classroom while the rest of the school sweated it out and worked!
8. Getting poured on while wearing nothing but ALL white was definitely not on my list of things to do, but, as God would have it, that’s exactly what happened. I closed my eyes while Ryan raced us back on the scooter and I could do nothing but wait and giggle my head off! I have to admit, it was so funny! I love the painted-on look there Ryan…cute!
9. So much for doing my errands tonight!
10. Turns out the site I use for add-ons for my blog is no longer in use so I spent way too much time tonight trying to fix-up my blog.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Do I look like a duck to you?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Blame it on the rain.
-- Milly Vanilly

No comments: