As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Thursday, June 8

1. Started my work day off with a bit of a panic attack (sarcastically speaking) when I couldn’t find my earphones to drown out Sci. Guy’s chomping on his gum. He really loves killing his gum.
2. Two of my middle school students got into a fight and I just happened to have my face in the wrong spot at the wrong time!!! I’m okay but now I can’t feel the one side of my jaw.
3. So Sci. Guy left without telling me…. nice. What he needs is a good kick in the butt!
4. Ahhhh… didn’t get my daily dose of “dong” (okay, so it was funny to me and probably those of you who know some Korean). No daily word from Darnell (Dong-boy as one of my students calls him) and that’s weird cause he’s an email addict! I’m starting to think that maybe last weekend was his LAST weekend before his one month leave!
5. Thought I’d do a total girl thing and get my nails done. It lead me to meet this total awesome Korean woman but now I can’t do anything with my hands! You have NO idea on how long it took me to type all this! Ha, ha, ha.
6. Getting my nails done lead me to meet this really cool Korean lady who studies English so she can help her son. She was so nice and we talked for about two hours in Konglish.
7. At training today River was so apologetic for not having a special drink for me today. He always gives me a juice bottle and I just thought they had them readily available at the gym. Turns out he goes out of his way and to the store to buy me one everyday. Super sweetie!
8. Tried to do my Korean reading tonight but was totally distracted by the super hottie on my couch (Ryan) watching some Chinese movie. Ended up watching the very movie I got out of watching the other day cause of the whole no English subtitles issue.
9. Holy embarrassing moment! Came home and when I threw my gym pants on the floor I noticed that I had mud all the way up the back of them. They were white pants and it rained today but I never put the two together. Nor did I ever stop to think that it meant I did my whole workout with River with mud splattered across my butt!!! Oh gosh!
10. Ryan and I who humored each other with how silly we could improvise the lines provided tonight’s characters’ lines. Nice touch with the slang Ryan but I highly doubt your lines were appropriate for the super butt-kicking dude you acted out.


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
What do you want to be when you grow up?

QUOTE OF THE DAY..
I am grown up... scary!
-- Me.

No comments: