As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Tuesday, June 13

1. Had a big Korean test today. It involved reading, writing (sentences and spelling) and a speaking component. I don’t know my mark yet but he said he was impressed…. Impressed, I ask. I study pretty much EVERY night and so I better get a wicked mark.
2. Thought I’d use some of the info I got from my little business trip (trip to the all boys school) on Friday and so today I organized all my classes into groups and assigned table captains like they had done.
3. We definitely amused each other with thinking up group names amongst ourselves. Best group name went to me for naming Terry’s group “The Kimchi Killers”… I got a little carried away though with the kimchi dance I made. Ha, ha, ha.
4. Fighting to get this Friday off. My elementary students will be at camp and so I’d only have my parents’ class at 3:20pm to teach… like I don’t already get enough days off. Ha, ha, ha. Hoping to take Jenn to the airport if I get the day off.

5. Was suppose to teach River how to skip today but that totally bombed. Not only did he just eat and so he had stomach cramps, but he also forgot his jump rope and I had a nasty blister from Monday's run with no socks. We're winners! Ha, ha, ha.
6. Thought it amusing to see just how hardcore of a soccer fan Ryan is. Apparently he left work early so that he could rush to the restaurant and have first pickings at a good seat. And then when we were there, his eyes were glued to the TV... we all had a good laugh at his cuteness.
7. Tonight was the big night of homegirl Jenn’s going away dinner… that sucks… not the dinner but having to accept that she’s going real soon. Ryan and I showed up in style… wearing our Park Ji Sung couple shirts.
8. KOREA FIGHTING!!! Congrats to Korea for their awesome win over Togo, 2-1.
9. Celebrated the win and cruised downtown Cheonan on the scooter to check out all the celebrations. Downtown was SO infested with fans! They had closed off the main road, set up a massive TV and had a couple of thousand loud fans watch the game. We showed up after the game but they were still there celebrating the victory. It was awesome! Felt like a paparazzi though trying to take numerous random photos of all the ciaos. The police had made a human barricade to regulate the traffic…. haven’t they ever heard of pilons?!

10. Definitely impressed many Koreans with wearing my Park Ji Sung soccer jersey and being a foreigner. They loved it! I love it how one simple common interest, in this case soccer, has brought this whole country to it’s feet. It felt like we were one big group of friends.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Are you watching what you're doing?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Losing is not an option.
-- Author Unknown

No comments: