As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Tuesday, June 20

1. Looks like “Invasion of the Body Snatchers” has attacked my middle school 2-1 class and replaced my cool kids with crazy kids. THEY WERE TERRIBLE… and yes, all caps is very appropriate!!! They wouldn’t listen, wouldn’t sit, girls were slapping boys, boys were yelling, and there stood me in the middle of the room. I was in the middle of the twilight zone.
2. Class 2-1 concluded with two students crying and eventually me crying too. One of the students who cried was Timmy, a little boy I’ve been really working hard with. He’s got such potential but is at that “I want to be cool” stage. I was so frustrated and disappointed so I too shed some tears so I tried to breath and explain it to my co-teacher.
3. Great…. the only real advice my co-workers could give me was for me to “beat them red”…. not too sure on what “red” really means.
4. Just when I thought my day was going “great”, Sci guy left school without me and so I had to impose on another co-worker for a ride. She dropped me off and I almost got hit by some crazy scooter driver on the sidewalk. I feel asleep on impact with my couch, only to wake up to some moth in my hair.
5. … And if that wasn’t bad enough, I spotted an army of mosquitoes that Ryan’s bug zapper killed and left behind on the floor. So now I had dead bugs on my floor and on my feet.
6. … Oh ya, and Ryan forgot to replace the empty toilet roll with a new one and so that wasn’t cool either.
7. Decided to kick my butt at training and work the stress out on the treadmill. I guess I was looking too serious cause River tried so hard to make me laugh. He really succeeded when he jumped on the back of my treadmill and almost took a nose dive!!! I laughed so hard I got a major side cramp.
8. It’s days like this that I really think about those I’m thankful for in my laugh; those who lift me up when I’m down or take my mind to another space, away from the stress.
9. Big shout outs to those I’ve met in Korea! I think the two people that have effected me the most and met here would have to be my former coworker Dave and one of my little kindergarten students, John.
10. Ordered in pizza and then barried my nose in my Korean language books so that I wouldn’t think about all the friends I miss. I even miss you Louis…. I must be going crazy!


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Where did you all go?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
When I find myself fading, I close my eyes and realize my friends are my energy.
-- Anon

No comments: