As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Tuesday, June 27

1. Woke up and watched the second movie I bought, “The Interpreter”. It starred Nicole Kidman and one of my favorite leading men… Sean Penn!
2. My breakfast and lunch consisted of nothing but watermelon and milk… my afternoon consisted of basically numerous bathroom breaks. You have no idea. That watermelon killed me!
3. In between my many bathroom breaks, I was able to study some of my Korean. Mind you I got rather distracted by my music and ended up doing more dancing in my shorts than studying… oops!
4. Got an email from my boxing trainer back in Canada, Egerton Marcus. His email just totally made my day! I totally miss ya dude!
5. Fun times on the webcam with Narae… shhh… don’t tell anyone she’s Japanese! She’s no Homegirl but she’s my Harajuku girl.
6. Ran into a friend of mine and found it rather amusing that she got groped from behind in “Pervert’s Park”. I’m sure her scream scared him more than he scared her though. She’s got a wicked set of lungs on her I’m sure!
7. Was caught off guard today when two Korean girls in the shoe store called me an "ugly American man". First of all, your little boyfriend there doesn’t think I’m ugly, secondly, wrong country there chicky... not so smart eh?! And lastly, I'm sporting breasts which is the least I can say for what you’re sporting… Can you say KNEE PADS?! As you can tell I definitely wasn’t impressed.
8. Trying to not let stupid people get to me but it just amazes me how this country is so eager to become Westernized and yet some continually refuse us Westerners when we’re really only here to help develop their country. I didn’t leave everything so I could deal with this “stuff”.
9. Arrived at training all ticked off and sad. River was very apologetic for what happened, even though it obviously wasn’t his fault and he said he had the perfect solution… a drink! A drink of power-aid that is. Thanks!
10. Ryan cheered me up by bringing over lots of milk and cooking up a wicked bowl of spaghetti!


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
How hard can it be to get rid of this money?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Show me the money
-- from the movie "Jerry McQuire"

No comments: