As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Tuesday, June 6

1. Today was Tuesday, June 6, the 178th day of 2006. There are 208 days left in the year and today we celebrated Memorial Day in Korea.
2. Ryan and I both had the day off and so our plans consisted of laying around the house and taking random and multiple cat naps. We were two lazy bums today!
3. Finally got myself together and ventured outside of the house at 5pm.
4. Ventured over to the traditional market where some lady tried eagerly to convince me that the underwear (which were like 10 sizes to small for my Polish bum) would fit me. I give her an ‘A’ for effort but no thanks.
5. The Duck Man was there today at the market, minus the ducks though. Today he bedazzled me with his traditional Korea chickens, baby turkeys and chicks.
6. Stocked up on ice cream.
7. Got out of watching some annoying martial arts movie when we discovered there wasn’t an English subtitles option. Good…. I mean, ah, that’s too bad.
8. Word on the street is that my episode of “Matchmaker” is still playing on the TV after two years! Thanks for the reminder Errol, and no, I won’t be quest starring on any Korean dating show.
9. Actually had a bit of a craving for kimchi today!!! Yup… I am turning Korean! Ha, ha, ha. Jenn says that’s why Korean men have been approaching me lately… they can smell the kimchi radiating out from my skin! Ha, ha, ha.
10. Went out for dinner with Korea’s most handsome man, Ryan. As cute as he is, I really had a hard time watching him scarf down that nasty burnt fish. It laid there on his plate looking at us and if it weren’t for the tail, I really would have thought it was a street cat!

QUESTION OF THE DAY…
You’re going to wash out your mouth with soap after eating that right?

QUOTE OF THE DAY…

If ice cream were a man, I’d be married to him already.
-- Me

No comments: