As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Wednesday, June 14

1. Flat out… my morning sucked! Why, you asked. Well, I forgot to set my alarm so I got ready in military style, my morning coffee consisted of only water (coffee machine ran out), had it out with the photocopier that choked on my limited color paper, and rainy season started.
2. Not particularly looking forward to a month long of non-stop rain.
3. After spending the previous day planning this awesome food chain game for my elementary grade 6 class, I had to scramble to find another place to host the game. We played in the gym but it meant I had 32 kids running around dangerously in a room no bigger than the average classroom.
4. Relief came at lunchtime when my little buddy forced his way so that he could sit with me. This little guy is so curious about me and is such a cutie.
5. Not cool…. some mini Korean spilt some of her soup down the back of me as she struggled to get a seat. Can you say third degree burns?! It was so stinkin’ hot!
6. Spent my HUGE prep slot with emailing my mom and writing an autobiography (for my ePALS group). Turns out I’ve lived a pretty interesting life.
7. Meet up with homegirl Jenn for the evening… hot date, just joking. Ha, ha, ha. We went to this new restaurant that I like and they totally loved us there. I was pretty impressed when the manager personally brought over some drinks on the house.
8. Funniest moment of the night was definitely watching some random girl walk into the restaurant’s glass doors. She mistook them for motion-sensor doors and totally disregarded the “push button to open door” button. I’m sure everyone heard the big smack!!! Even funnier was the fact that her nose print was left on the door!
9. Movie night with Jenn and then Ryan joined us later. Good pickings Jenn… Harrison Ford was awesome. I love the sensitive and more vulnerable part he played in tonight’s movie (“Firewall”).

10. Called up my mom and had a good chat with her and after lots of convincing, I got Ryan to talk to her. He pulled a "Eddie Hascal" (character off the TV show "Leave it to Beaver") by calling my mom "Ma'am". I think he was nervous to talk to her but it was so cute.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
How am I going to say good-bye to you?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
True friendship comes when silence between two people is comfortable.
-- Dave Tyson Gentry

No comments: