As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Wednesday, June 21

1. Rainy day today. It was nice cause it definitely cooled things down. Sticking to everything cause of the heat just isn’t too cool in my books!
2. Had a blast with my Wollang Elementary students. In my grade 6 class we’re doing occupations. We played charades and I was quite impress with Zealot’s impression of me as teacher.
3. Turns out Rosa (little Ms. “I act cute cause I don’t speak a word of English”) has a boyfriend… or should I say HAD. This mystery boy got a friend to deliever a letter to Rosa during class. I didn’t think anything of it until she stood up, gave a dramatic “ahhhhh” and started to cry. Apparently his reasoning for the breakup was because he doesn’t like short girls anymore.
4. Tried to play the hero and make Rosa laugh by grabbing the letter. I told her to show me who this mystery mean boy is so that I could beat him head. I was successful…. she laughed when I said I was going to put him in my kimchi and eat him. Ha, ha, ha.
5. Had an awesome lunch with Christina and Vivian from my grade 6 class. We all got to practice our second languages and so it was quite funny. Konglish time!
6. Got asked the silliest question in the word. My co-teacher told me that next the Middle school students are going camping so I can either come or have a 4 ½ mini holiday. Sarcastically I told her I’d had to get back to her on this one.
7. Super funny class with my teacher’s English class!!! Mr. P.E. totally got into the role play activity. We were focusing in on intonation but he really exaggerated it. I was giggling uncontrollably but he was clueless as to what was so funny.
8. Realized I have officially put myself into the history book of geeks when I was asked about my hobbies and I listed studying as one of them. Whether it was researching how to do a webpage or blog, or now studying Korean, seems like I always have my nose in some kind of study. My Korean study is going great though. I have moved on from the “let’s go shopping” unit to the “where’s the bathroom?” unit with my Korean.
9. Oh man…. soccer is STILL not over?!
10. Passed out tonight with my nose in my Korean studies and woke up in the morning with the weirdest crease on my face.


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Where's the bathroom?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
I pity the fool.
-- Mr. T

No comments: