As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Wednesday, June 28

1. Well I did it… I performed the perfect “mock break-up” with Stalker Boy! No, I wasn’t dating him but I had to say something to stop his idiotic multiple messages. I told him a truck load of BS and he ate it up.. this of course taking like 300 text messages to rely the whole ordeal though!
2. And just when I thought I got lucky with Stalker Boy…. thought it was a clean break but his messages showed up every so often on my phone after the “break up”. Messages stopped after I texted him “do you know the word stalker?”
3. Every week during free time (break time) with my grade 6 elementary class at Wollang, I show a short video clip. Usually it’s some animal video like last week’s monkey stuck in a box but this week they said they had a video for me. Their video showed a Japanese girl eating what looks like to be curry. She ends up putting her hand down her throat so she’ll puke and then ends up eating her puke!!! Needless to the say I jumped up to stop the video.
4. Let’s just say, because of the video I skipped lunch at school and didn’t eat till much later!
5. Only had to work half a day today cause after teaching my morning elementary classes I had no other obligations. Raced home only to kick my feet up relax. This is the life baby!
6. In the afternoon my phone was buzzing with random picture messages of some guys in the woods. Turns out it was from my middle school girls who claimed these young Korean guys were the highlight of the school camping trip. Glad to see your school trip was really educational.
7. Did some window-shopping downtown and amused myself with trying eagerly to practice my Korean with anyone that I could. Best conversation was with a 6 year old Korean boy who tried to give me his lollipop AFTER he had already licked it.
8. Bought yet another book to aid in my quest to master the Korean language. I’ve created quite the collection of self-study books!
9. Ah…. looks like Mr. Anonymous is back. And what pleasure do I have of having you drop by?
10. Turns out that Japanese video I saw today, unfortunetly, was made like 6 years ago and apparently was the hot topic in it’s day, or so Ryan tells me. I don’t know what’s more disturbing, watching some girl eat her puke or the fact that there’s people out there that actually watch this stuff!


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
What was she thinking?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Crack kills.
-- Anonymous

No comments: