As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Wednesday, June 7

1. Arrived at school as usual and the coffee machine was turned off! I only had 15 minutes until I had to head off to Wollang and, when it finally heated up, my Korean teacher intercepted me and gave me homework! What’s that all about?! I don’t even have his class today… can he do that?!
2. Never did get to have my morning coffee cause he made me start on my homework right there and then, in front of all the teachers. He says I have to read this book (it’s a Children’s Korean/English dictionary but has sentences for each word given… it’s 101 pages) by Tuesday!
3. Super chaos at Wollang Elementary School. Today a dentist came to do free check-ups and so they switched the classrooms around and the time schedule.
4. Got asked if I want to have a free check-up but NO WAY!!! I hate the dentist with a passion and I thank God everyday that I’m in Korea and away from those random calls from the dentist! I haven’t been to the dentist in over a year!
5. Came back early to my middle school and was surprised when they greeted me with a taxi. Turns out all the teachers are going to some teacher’s conference/training and, because it’s all in Korean, I didn’t need to go! Sweet! Was home by 1:30pm!
6. Met up with Sue for a good one and a half hour game of scrabble where I totally rigged the point system in her favor.
7. Am convinced I’m going to buy that robot! Sue’s got this robot that you can train and now she’s even got the dinosaur (it’s like a robot set… they respond to each other). So cool! And to think, when I was a kid I got kicks off of lego and GI Joes!
8. Trained a bit with River. I did shoulders today but I spotted him for some of his chest exercises. He thought it funny to act like he couldn’t pick up the bench press. I struggled to help him and almost cried.
9. Celebrated some “good news” (shhhh… secret… I’ll tell ya later) with Ryan by letting him order in anything he wanted; my treat. He of course went for western food, pizza.
10. Spent almost 2 hours attempting to do my Korean homework reading and I’m only on page 52!!!


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Can I play too?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
My legs aren't hot cause they're naked under my pants.
-- my little sister Sue

No comments: