As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Friday, July 25

1. Rainy season continues and today parts of Asan City started to get flooded.
2. Holy attitude problems with my Eumbong middle school boy Robert. I got a surprising complaint about him today and didn’t think it was true until he freaked out on me large about shining a laser pointer on his chest during lunch. He use to be such a relaxed kid but he’s been a bit of a spaz here at the camp.
3. Came out looking like a total bully after a frustrating argument with a fellow co-worker over next week’s presentation. I don’t know how many more times I could have made myself more clearer but she just wasn’t getting it and I got the impression language wasn’t the issue, if you know what I mean.
4. Finally put my foot down and told her that she had all day to talk to me, now wasn’t the time. I really wanted to tell her what I really thought but I don’t think she would had understand and plus my student Vanessa (who’s English is awesome) was standing beside me.
5. Already dreading having to go back to the camp on Monday and facing her.
6. Today I started tutoring Vanessa today and I’m really optimistic about her entering the big English contest.
7. Took the bus home today but apparently I took the wrong bus. I stayed on thinking it’d take me to On-young terminal in Asan but it didn’t. I knew I was in trouble when the bus driver parked the bus literally in the middle of no-where beside three houses and walked out of the bus leaving me in it! Who leaves a rider on the bus? Apparently he didn’t realize it and so I had to bang on the window to get him to open the door.
8. Thankfully the bus driver was this young cutie who had a good laugh at my expense instead of getting mad. He definitely thought I, the lost foreigner, was funny. He let me off the bus and there I stood, surrounded by rice fields. After 20mins of wondering, I reached a main road and caught a taxi.
9. The bruises on my legs have now turned a lime green.
10. Ryan tried to get me hooked on his silly toy car racing game.


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
What don't you understand?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Stupid is as stupid does.
-- from the movie "Forrest Gump"

No comments: