As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, July 07, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Friday, July 7

1. Only had to teach my morning elementary classes and then I got to go home. Thought it’d be like any other Friday but today we had a mock fire drill. At first I honestly thought it was some kind of terrorist attack cause they set off this mini smoke bomb and of course my students were freaking out and didn’t know enough English to explain what the heck was going on.
2. Turns out I now have next Tuesday off work in addition to Monday... great. Finally found out my summer holiday schedule. Turns out I have five weeks off. I'll be at English camp for three but then what the heck am I going to do with the additional two?! If I knew I'd have two extra weeks off I would have planned a trip to Canada to see my friends and family. Ahhhh.

3. Ventured out to Songtan and what a surprise, not only did Darnell show up on time but all the boys came out to greet me too. Cool.
4. Dance lessons courtesy of Christian. Thanks dude…. Much love to the Filipino boys!
5. Amused some random dudes with my silly Jackie Chan moves and my impersonation of Mike Tyson.
6. I’m embarrassed to admit it but Alex, you’re such a sad Pollack! I may be Polish but I’ve got manners! My father warned me about you Polish boys. Major minus points for laughing when I told you my boyfriend is Korean. I have you know I think Korean men are among the most handsome men I’ve ever met! So, laugh all you want but the reality is, HE has the girl! Ouch… truth hurts eh?!
7. Minus points to Darnell for downing those kettles. Totally not cool! That was just plain ugly.
8. Ran into my friend’s husband again and caught him in the act flirty with these girls. He tried his smooth moves on me but was totally shocked when I turned around and said, “Watch yourself Bryan!”
9. Turns out no one there knows Bryan’s first name and so I spent a good part of the evening trying to dodge him. He was all in my face, asking how I knew his name and I was quite shocked when he followed me into the girl’s bathroom to confront me. I should have told him but I didn’t tell him anything.

10. After a night of lots of dancing, silly times with my friends, tons of laughing, and always a good dosage of drama, I decided that I rather be with Ryan. Forty minutes later, my knight in shinning armour (well, scooter helmet) showed up and took me away.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Where did you learn to move like that?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Stupid is as stupid does.
-- Author Unknown

No comments: