As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Monday, July 10

1. Woke up, cranked up the tunes and then cleaned my house from top to bottom. Swept the floors, did the laundry, washed down the bathroom walls, did the dishes… I’m quite the Martha Stewart when I want to be.
2. Mini adventure out to Songtan where I bought some movies and met up with my friend Johnny. Oh ya, Jenn, Mr. Lim at Lim’s clothing says “hi!”.
3. Songtan is always a big sausage fest, filled with rowdy conversations around me, and super friendly people.... I think I've heard all the pick-up lines I could stomach today.
4. Tried Filipino food for my first time and it was great. Very tasty but I still totally stick by my Koreans in saying that Korean food is better!
5. Turns out Johnny is quite the fan of us Polish…..ha, ha, ha. I personally think he’s trouble but you didn’t hear that from me! No Johnny, I will not leave Ryan and marry you. Bribing me with Filipino food is tempting but Ryan is in a league of his own!
6. Met a man with the worst case of diarrhea of the mouth. He just wouldn’t stop talking. When Johnny left to go to the ATM machine, I was stuck there with diarrhea man, his silent buddy, and the poorest of all victims… the cute bartender who was stuck listening to him. I almost became another one of his victims but I was quickly rescued with Johnny’s return. That was a close one. I can’t stand overly cocky loud men… especially when they’ve got mad d-mouth!
7. Had a nice relaxing late night with Ryan and my pirated “Sex in the City” season 1 CDs. I must say, it was quite refreshing to hear English on my TV!
8. Ryan picked up pretty quickly on some of the more “creative” English sayings used in “Sex in the City” and I didn’t particularly share in his humor. I think I’ll be cutting him off from watching this TV show!
9. Talks of moving to Seoul next year have started. I really don’t want to move or change jobs but if Ryan goes back to school next year I’ll never see him unless I do move. I came here to Cheonan and made it my new home. I’m not ready to move again!
10. Couldn’t sleep and so I stayed up late thinking about where I really want to be next year…. Cheonan, Seoul, Canada?


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Where is home for you?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Home is where the heart is.
-- Unknown author

No comments: