As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, July 03, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Monday, July 3

1. Thank you God for smiling down on me today! First thing he blessed me with was news that I’ve got another 2 ½ days off work!!! It kind of sucks that I have to come in on Wednesday for my teacher’s class but hey, I’ll take it!
2. Countdown is on for Mr. Sci. guys last day at school!
3. Everyday I eat lunch with some of my students that will be participating in next week’s huge school-wide English contest. It’s an extra chance for them to practice their English but today was grueling! It was like pulling teeth and I found myself answering my own questions… isn’t that what crazy people do?!
4. Girls lunch out… Today the math teachers and my co-teacher treated me to lunch out at this super pretty restaurant. It was this rich huge wooden house with big chunky couches for us to sit in. Top marks for the presentation but I personally think Kimbop Nada serves tastier food.
5. My boy Ryan (student from 2-2 class) found out today that his application for English camp was rejected and so that was really bad, having to see them break the news to him. I think I was more disappointed than him.
6. Capped off my school work day by sitting with my vice principle and eating ice cream together.
7. Another one bites the dust…. as if shopping for undergarments wasn’t hard enough, turns out my washing machine has turned into one lean, mean, bra-eating machine. Death toll is now at two!
8. Created a list of things to do… check it out. I’ve added the link below my tagboard.
9. Had a Ryan-free night, kind of. He went to Seoul tonight for his Tuesday early morning appointment and so my only time with him today consisted of walking him to the bus terminal.
10. My night consisted of falling asleep on my Korean books, emailing, doing my blog, and basically nothing really interesting. It’s rather boring here with out Ryan.


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Who's the better student, a student who always gets good marks or a student who always shows enthusiasim and an eagerness to try?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.
-- John Powell

No comments: