As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Saturday, July 1

1. Ate imitation spam… can it get any worse than this?! We ate military soup again today; I like it. However, turns out the spam in the soup (which I personally think is poor man’s meat to start off with) isn’t really spam. My question is, is it even meat???
2. Spent way too much time at the Cheonan City Bookstore…. I AM becoming my mom with my new acquired fascination with books. Picked up yet another Korean self-study book.
3. I love it when random Koreans test out their English on me. Today it was a grade 6 boy at the bookstore who wanted to ask me how I liked teaching and if I had read Harry Potter.
4. More studying. Went a bit too hardcore but I’m really ticked off with myself for losing my Korean dictionary/notebook.
5. If I wasn’t pressuring myself enough about learning Korean, Ryan mentions to me that his brother is getting married in September. I’m really hoping to not be invited to this cause that’d mean my due date (Christmas) would be cut down to two months (September)! Oh my gosh!
6. Discovered gold kiwi…. yummy!
7. Congrats to all my Pork Chop buddies back in Canada for their team’s victory tonight against England. (Sorry Andi… weren’t you cheering for England?)
8. Did you hear about the massive food poisoning in the schools here? I know it’s a bit of old news but apparently they’ve figured out the count is up to 3,000 students who got poisoned!
9. Word has it the poisoned food came from China. What were there like bugs or rats crawling around in it? I thought they were a part of the side dishes… just joking. Just another reason for these countries to argue amongst themselves.
10. It’s a hard balance… Ryan and I are crazy about each other but we also make each other crazy. Today we made each other crazy… Korean crazy!


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
How are you celebrating Canada Day?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
A man is not where he lives, but where he loves.
-- Latin proverb

No comments: