As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Saturday, July 15

1. With Ryan out of the house I had lots of free time on my hands.
2. Regardless of what any "one" may say or think, I know I’ve met some really awesome people in Korea and if they were to be only so lucky, would they'd be blessed by meeting them too!
3. Decided that I wasn’t going to let some guy spoil my evening and so I showered up, got dolled up and headed out to Songtan.
4. I really can’t stand guys who insist on pushing themselves on me…. that’s YOU “Trouble Boy”. I’m not down with your silly games or cheesy lines. Apparently I was right all along. He is trouble!
5. Tried to shake it off and so I found myself at a club called “The Edge”. I was probably the only white person there and the only one that wasn’t dancing like a ghetto superstar.

6. If being white didn’t make me stand out enough already, when the DJ was giving shout outs to various states, I yelled out, “What? Nothing to Canada… the great white north?!” And just my luck, right when I yelled it the music had come to a break and so EVERYONE heard me. They all laughed and then I got huge shout outs to Canada by the DJ who even let me yell out my own shout outs on the microphone too! Ha, ha, ha.
7. Never did run into Darnell or the crew but I met some really funny people who tried to teach me some really weird dance moves.
8. I definitely was Ms. Social Butterfly tonight and had lots of laughs but there was this one dude who just wouldn’t leave me alone… some guy with bug sunglasses on. He even tried to follow me into the bathroom!
9. Oh, correction with #8. Another guy who wouldn’t leave me alone was “Trouble Boy”. After tonight, he’s definitely being black listed in my phone!
10. Found myself, like always when I visit Songtan, at the Subway sandwich restaurant trying out my Korean on the workers there. I’ve almost mastered my whole order in Korean.


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
What's a six letter word for "stalker" that starts with the letter 'j'?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Poor little man, they made him out of lemon Jell-O and there he is. He's honest and hardworking but he's not great.
-- Adela Rogers St. John

No comments: