As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Saturday, July 29

1. Well today was a really unproductive day!!! Slept in, did nothing and even went to bed early too… basically that summed up my day!
2. Plans are in motion for Ryan and my official first trip together. Plans are to go to Jeju Island to do lots of swimming, tanning, four-wheeling, and other fun stuff.
3. Played “storm dodgers” on the scooter today as Ryan and I tried to drive around a raining storm cloud that was in our way.
4. Went shopping with Ryan to LotteMart and discovered that although Korea has developed in many ways, they’re still into the old fashion exercise machines. Got a huge kick out of the “jiggle-butt” machine, as I like to call it, and how the middle aged women were totally loving it!
5. The drama continues right where it left off three years ago with my close friend from back home. Some people just can’t let things go. Buddy, I love you dearly but get over it please, for the sake of our friendship!!!
6. Movie night. Tonight’s feature film was “Don’t Say a Word”. I give it four stars.
7. I admit it…. I have an addiction. I’m addicted to green tea ice cream! Must… have… another… fix!!! Ha, ha, ha.
8. Working on convincing Ryan to help me buy a cheap scooter so that I can jump back on the road and practice.
9. I don’t know who’s been talking to Trouble-Boy but he freaked out to here that I was still in Korea. Apparently my scooter accident story has been exaggerated among my friends here and so he thought I had returned to Canada cause of major injuries I supposedly had endured. I know my mom is known for her magic healing kisses but come on, get a grip!
10. I think I liked it better when Trouble-Boy thought I wasn’t here cause at least it meant I got a good night’s sleep. Text messages from him stopped around 2:30am. So much for going to sleep early tonight!


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
What's your addiction?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Conversation is the slowest form of human communication.
-- Author Unknown

No comments: