As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Saturday, July 8

1. The first half of my day consisted of taking senior naps off and on, and then reading emails. Turns out my blog has quite the following… cool!
2. Had lunch at TGIF and no one knew us there. They have a new manager and so I think most of the staff quit cause all of our regular wait staff weren’t there. They were all new faces. Hmmmm.
3. Still working on trying to convince Ryan to quit.
4. Went to Emart to get Sue a birthday present and I had no idea it’d be so hard to find this little wiz-kid the perfect gift. It was a toss up between an air hockey table and a magnetic construction/model set. Picked the magnetic construction/model set and won huge points with Sue and her mom. They loved it!
5. Bought a gun! Yes, it’s true. Mind ya, before you jump to conclusions, it only fires like 15 feet and it shoots yellow pellets. I’m all gangster now with my Korean pellet gun… ha, ha, ha.
6. Dang gun was childproof and so it took me so long to figure out how to load these silly plastic pellets.
7. Found myself increasingly eager to shoot Ryan in the bum but I fought the temptation and shot at the laundry bag instead. That baby’s got pep!
8. Almost made quite the scene at LotteMart when I picked up a plastic cup and there was the mother of all beetles in it! Turns out LotteMart now sells albino frogs, snails and beetles. Kind of nasty though that they’re located at the end of one of the food isles.
9. Took back that sad rendition of a bra even though it was way past it’s return date. I have no idea why I bought it in the first place. Maybe I was just too excited that they had my size.
10. I admit it, I didn’t study my Korean language today. I was too busy relaxing.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
If this is a children's toy how come I can't figure it out?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Kiss me or I'll shoot!
-- Me (ha, ha, ha)

No comments: