As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Sunday, July 16

1. Spent my morning trying to dodge “Trouble Boy” in Songtan. He’s too much drama for me and I think last night’s drama, supplied by him of course, was enough to last me a few weeks. I’m flattered by the random text messages but am kind of freaked that you’re jealous of who knows what and by all the attention you’re giving me.
2. Finally got the grand tour of Songtan’s Air Force base and it was NOTHING like what I had imagined. They had huge buildings, a mall, a movie theater, and we even had to take a taxi to get around! One word…. massive!
3. My tour guide, Greg (new buddy), capped off the tour nicely with a champagne breakfast and a token of our tour… a necklace I had eyed intensively in the mall on base. Thanks big guy!
4. Found great amusement as “Mr. I’m too Cool of a Dude” slipped and almost landed on his butt! Everyone saw it, everyone pretended not to had seen it and there I stood laughing out loud and clapping. Next time you try to impress a girl there buddy by acting like you’re the next best thing since sliced bread, watch out for those curbs. Ha, ha, ha.
5. Stocked up on more totally legal (ha, ha, ha) DVDS. That dude there loves me. Ever since I practiced my shopping dialogue on him (learned it from my “Survival Korean” text) he’s been slipping me a free DVD. Cool!
6. It rained ALL day and it was perfect!
7. Relaxed and watched a movie while I waited for Ryan to come over.
8. Spent a good part of my afternoon responding to the many text messages from my student Victoria. She loves English but was going a little too far with it. Text message count for the day from her was 22!
9. Drama with the boy… I’ll just leave it at that. Maybe I’m a glutton for punishment.
10. Opted out on more drama and escaped to the 14th floor patio where I made a surprise call to a close friend. He reassured me that yes, I probably am crazy but that there’s people who are crazier about me… and there’s those crazier than me too. Thanks. If I come back to Canada, it’ll definitely be for you!


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Do you believe in Karma?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Good luck in your next life as a dung beetle.
Phoebe off of "Friends"

No comments: