As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Sunday, July 2

1. Oh my gosh! Ryan got hit in the FACE with bird poop. He thought it was rain at first but then realized it wasn’t when he only felt one drop and then saw it on his bike! Ha, ha, ha. Hey look on the bright side, apparently that’s good luck! (… good luck for me that is! To think, I could have been hit! Ha, ha, ha.)
2. Cruised around with Ryan and stopped at this pond to watch the turtles swim. We’ve found this particular secluded corner in Cheonan that’s located at the base of the temple where it’s quiet, fresh, and is surrounded by mountains and forest. It’s really beautiful!
3. Rather disappointed with Pumpkin Village’s tonight for their lack of pumpkin on tonight’s menu… they changed the restaurant’s side dishes cause of the busy crowd.
4. First attempt at international text messaging… so cool! Did you get my message Steve?!
5. Had a soccer free night… finally!
6. Ya, that’s right… I’m a rebel and a downloading junkie! Now my computer is jam packed with tunes! Sing it Gwen!
7. No new news from Homegirl, Errol, Tasha, Dave, … or even Louis. Turns out life is still in existence on the opposite side of my world. I miss you guys! Ya… I miss you too Louis, dang Yanky! Ha, ha, ha.
8. Rather annoyed with the poor editing of the English books Ryan and I have been buying lately. Tonight I went through Ryan’s English idiom book and picked out plenty of obvious and not so obvious errors.
9. Ryan’s “romantic” dinner in consisted of uncooked, soggy French fries, totally dry chicken (if that’s in fact what it actually was) and a burger with a brown tomatoe. Dang western fast food. Eating like this is going to kill me but thankfully tonight’s a rare occasion.
10. More studying… what a surprise.


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
You paid for this?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
You are what you eat.
-- Author Unknown

No comments: