As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Sunday, July 23

1. Yes, I know… I’m delayed with my postings but give me a break. I worked like a slave last week and haven’t even relaxed yet this weekend!
2. Became “Blow Fish Girl” after a rough night’s sleep. I woke up looking like I had had a bad reaction to something. My body is so tired that apparently it seems it’s forgotten what sleep is and how to do it. Thanks to Ryan for the name calling… you big bully. Ha, ha, ha.
3. Met up with Sue today for pie and milk and then cruised around with her and her mom for a bit in their pimped out car.

4. Ya, ummm… got into a fight tonight and I really don’t care to comment on it but I will say that we both ended up losing and so we’ll just leave it at that.
5. Finally regained my ability to breathe and headed home.
6. Trying desperately to figure out this whole trip that I’ve been contemplating in my head but it’s not looking to go. Seems like everyone is giving me the run-around.
7. Much thanks to “Trouble Boy” who promised to help me plan my trip but bailed on me after he came to the realization that Ryan really isn’t a figment of my imagination, he’s just a bit anti-social.
8. Started an official blacklist… “Trouble Boy” being of course the first one on this list. Not too sure yet what the rules and regulations are for this, I mean, should I let people work their way off of the list?! Hmmm.
9. Tomorrow my second English camp starts. I’m optimistic about it cause I get to see some of my students who I miss but I’m hesitant about it due to the strain of last week’s camp.
10. No sooner was “Trouble Boy” blacklisted then he started sending me random text messages of encouraging words… I’m convinced it’s all a scam. He’s like a wolf in sheep’s clothing. I’m on to his tricks. Ha, ha, ha.


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Do I smell trouble?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold.
-- Leo Tolstoy

No comments: