As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Sunday, July 9

1. Got an email from my boxing trainer in Canada, Egerton Marcus, and that totally made my day!
2. Words out… Homegirl Jenn will be going on yet another adventure. Congrats on the boat cruise job! Miss you!
3. The brain waves were in high gear today with thoughts and possibilities of going on a trip this summer. Right now I’m looking at the Philippines.
4. Hesitant now to go to the Philippines after hearing Johnny’s horror stories of kidnapped tourists and unpaid ransom money…. thanks. Way to promote your own country Johnny!
5. Trip to LotteMart almost cost me at least two fingers! While Ryan looked at all the nasty fish, I amused myself at the live lobster and crab tanks. I didn’t realize my fingers were so close to the surface level until one mother of all craps snapped at me. Oh my gosh. Ha, ha, ha. I only laugh now cause I still have my fingers attached! Ha, ha, ha.
6. Studying my Korean wasn’t too productive today with Ryan being such a distracting cutie.
7. Looks like typhoon season has come early for Korea and monsoon season is just starting… talk about a bad combo for those in the south parts of South Korea. So bad!
8. You know you’re bored out of your mind when you start betting on what comes next in the silly Korean drama. Ryan and I have been watching this one particular drama where the master is blind but yet excels in everything he does, including fighting and archery. Today’s episode was his big death and so I now owe 10,000 won to Ryan cause he died in the fight.
9. Late night scooter adventures with Ryan took us on some random winding road up the mountain. I’m sure those poles in the path meant we weren’t suppose to be driving there!

10. Regardless of what anyone says, Korea has some really beautiful places. Got a good dose of fresh air as we did some sight-seeing in the rural mountainous area of Cheonan on the scooter.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
What do you define as "beautiful"?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
I'm not beautiful like you, I'm beautiful like me.
-- Homegirl quoted me this from some song.

No comments: