As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Thursday, July 27

1. More work… got asked to tutor one of my middle school students who is here with me at the camp, Vanessa. She won 1st place in this past English contest and so now she’ll be representing our area and competing on a much higher scale. Cool, I’m all for more money and another victory!
2. Turns out my students really like my half-done hair job! Ha, ha, ha.
3. Still up in the air about whether or not I should still go to the Philippines. I suggested that we, Ryan and I, go camping cause I love camping. Turns out he hates camping. Hmmmm….
4. With Ryan now out of work, I now have my own personal driver… cool!
5. Admit that I’ve been slacking off with my Korean studying. It’s summertime and it’s bad enough I spend most of my day at summer camp as oppose to relaxing.
6. Leave it to Jae Ho to send multiple text messages. He’s so cute. As soon as he wakes up he sends me messages saying “Good morning Amy teacher”, throughout the day he sends messages and then right before he goes to sleep he wishes me sweet dreams. This kid is so cool but I get the feeling he’s a bit too bored!
7. Ryan decided to buy a computer racing game to occupy his free time… great, like he needs more reasons why to be on the computer. I’m convinced, in my own private world, there’d be no TVs or computers!
8. Still discovering more bruises on me from my scooter accident. Turns out I’ve got quite the collection of colorful bruises on my inner leg.
9. Ryan’s 1 hour lunch out with Darren turned into more like 5 hours and so it left me here bored and not impressed. Why us women constantly wait around for the men is beyond me!
10. Treated myself to an early bedtime.


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
What was your favorite place to visit when you were a kid?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
-- Albert Einstein

No comments: