As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Tuesday, July 4

1. Today was the last day I had to teach my lower level 1 students…. darn, and I really loved that class. Actually, I take that back. They’re not bad but they don’t really participate either.
2. Was witness to one of my students hitting puberty. It was sooooo funny! As he and his partner gave their drama presentation, his voice totally cracked and went sky rocketing! He hit notes I didn’t think any vocal cords could reach!
3. Amused, confused and almost blinded my students with my new laser pointer. This thing is great! I can both point at the board and stand hovering over the back seat noisy boys at the same time!
4. I “love” these silly surprises at work. After teaching almost 5 months worth of ePALS class and then 3 months of lower-level students, I got told today that they want a record of all that I thought in those classes! My question to them was, are you for real?!
5. My co-teacher took the blame for not telling me advanced when apparently she was well aware of this. I felt bad for kind of freaking out cause she said she’d do it (not too sure what she’ll write) but it was really irresponsible of someone, whom ever they may be, to not tell me in advance.
6. Original plans were to go to Songtan for fireworks and 4th of July celebrations but that didn’t happen. Instead, Ryan and I went out for supper.
7. Almost had a freak-out moment as my shoe got caught on the sidewalk and right beside my foot was the world’s flattest cat. Yes…. I said flattest…. pancake style baby! So gross.
8. Found another bookstore near my house… oh, I’m in trouble now!
9. I admit it, I’m turning into an internet junkie! I totally revamped my myspace and spent like 1 hour trying to find a song to add to it.
10. Well tomorrow I only have to go into work for an hour and so I stayed up super late chatting with my brother and friends on msn. I think I went to bed around 3am.


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Who are you calling "Duck Bum" Mr. I Wear-small-panties?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
-- from the movie "Ferris Bueller's Day off"

No comments: