As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Wednesday, July 12

1. Revenge of the machines!!! It’s no secret in the teacher’s room that the photocopier and I are not friends but today it jammed 3 times in 10mins. I then tried two other printers and both had issues with printing my two documents.
2. … And it didn’t stop there! Arrived at Wollang without my printed document and so I went to pop it up on my jumbo screen… no luck. The power outlet was having issues and so I had to call up for help.
3. Today was my last day teaching Wollang before the summer holidays and so I went a little crazy with handing out the choco pies. They freaked out when I gave the winning team full size chocolate bars!
4. Well only one parent showed up for my parent/teacher’s class but three teachers showed up and so my lessons are all out of wack now. The teachers ironically are my most inconsistent and unreliable students, go figure!

5. Okay, so this is me venting…. I was already disappointed with hearing that I could have planned a trip home to Canada, but now, I’ve been told that I have to reconsider my whole Philippines trip because I might have to come into work for one day… ONE DAY! Some of my students are competing in an English singing contest and so they want me to add my two cents… or, cause we’re in Korea, my 100 won. (It doesn’t quite sound as effective as two cents).
6. And if that weren’t silly enough, word has it my co-worker has assigned homework to the students and for their homework they have to email me… ME?! What?! All 146 of them???
7. Turns out my health insurance at work started earlier than they had told me and so I now owe my other arm and leg in dues. I’m curious as to why my insurance, me, a young healthy female, is so much more than my co-workers who drink, smoke and are much older than me in age. Do I pose some kind of high risk factor?! Ryan says at this rate I should visit the hospital and exercise my high insurance. Maybe I should stock up on tissue and bandages while I’m there too!
8. Well I’ve really outdone myself this time. I really hate going to the hairdressers and so I thought I’d give my bangs a little trim at home. Well, a little trim turned into a bigger trim and soon enough I realized I had more hair in the sink than at the front of my head. Oh my gosh. They say hair grows half an inch a month,… well, I’ve got one day!
9. Ryan was quite the reassuring boyfriend and tried to reassure me that it’s nothing to worry about; it’ll grow back. No sooner did he try to comfort me than he came up with the new nickname “Candy Girl” for me. What the heck does “Candy Girl” mean anyways?

10. Looks like my “big plans” for Friday night are slowly wasting away as I once again am the only one with any organized thoughts on what to do.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
What was I thinking?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
You're my little Candy Girl!
-- Yoonbeer

No comments: