As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Wednesday, July 5

1. I know I shouldn’t complain, I’ve got it good, but having to stop my day to venture into work for one class kind of sucks. It really interferes with my laziness.
2. Felt amazing today and so I got all dolled-up, let my hair down and showed up for work in my cute new summer dress and everyone loved it. See, I can look all girly when I want to.
3. Well none of my teachers attended my teacher’s English class but some of the students’ mothers did. Jennifer’s mom showed up with two of her friends and the nosiest little 3-year-old boy. By the end of the class I had not only won over the two newcomers but also the little boy. Another successful class… cool!
4. Got invited to a “dog roast” tomorrow by my staff workers. Oddly enough, I’m really curious about eating dog and how the whole thing goes down. I think I must have asked Mr. Jo a million and one questions about how they pick the dog and cook it.
5. On my way home I got approached by some men outside one of the new office-style lofts that is opening up soon. My building is hard competition for them though but I thought I’d check it out. I ended up getting toured around the ENTIRE building and spending like 30mins with these dudes.
6. After getting the full tour of the new building the men then refused to let me walk away. It was so funny. Every time I turned to walk away they’d pretend to cry, they’d yell to get my attention, or they’d refuse to let go of my arm. It was so funny. Finally I left.
7. It’s official… I’ve adopted another sister. Her name is Grace, she’s 7 Korean and so that makes her either 5 or 6 Western age. I’ll be meeting her on Monday. Looks like I’m now a big sister for the second time now… cool.
8. Officially started a new chapter in my dictionary called “my alternative dictionary”. It’s the last view pages of my dictionary and contains some somewhat more “creative” words. Hey I teach middle school kids, I’d like to know what they’re saying!
9. Dinner consisted of as much watermelon as I could eat before I’d explode. I love it.

10. Spent the rest of the evening doing multiple bathroom breaks…. ha, ha, ha.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Are you going to eat that?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired.
-- Jules Renard

1 comment:

Beloved said...

My husband doesn't believe there's such a thing as a dog roast. He says there's only dog soup so I'd love some details! Looks like we've been gone too long. . .